Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Husky Has Swolen Nipples

Marriage and the fortune, the subtle difference etymological

Today I pose a controversial issue: the difference etymology (or origin of the name) between marriage and property.
It 's a banality to which, however, had never given any importance. This morning my husband was reading a book and asked me this dilemma.
Will I have a passion for the origins of words, but this comparison amuses me and I'll ask myself to your attention.

We start from the etymological meaning of marriage (source from wikipedia)
"The word marriage is derived from the Latin matrimonium , namely the union of two words Latin mater, mother, mother and munus , task, duty, matrimonium the Roman law was a "task of the mother", meaning the marriage as a bond that made it legitimate children born from the union. "

of course I went to look up the etymology of heritage and just think '? Is not covered and you will be sent to the word marriage.
In any case, its meaning and origin is this:
" The concept of heritage (Latin patrimonium derived from pater, 'father', and munus, 'task', with the first meaning of 'father's task' and then with what of 'things belonging to his father') is used in law and economics, with meanings not identical. "

What do you think?" We were never focused on this "subtle" difference in terminology?

0 comments:

Post a Comment