Tuesday, February 8, 2011

President James Cbradio

mouth breathing: my son's nose just do not use it!

My Vittorio puppy has more than 3 years and I think I've seen him use his nose to breathe delicious, maybe a couple of times!
Sure, winter may be cold but in summer?? Obviously, his breathing influsce lot about the quality of their sleep.
Imagine always sleep with his mouth open, all night ... The least you will have is the feeling of having a path of sand in the mouth, right?
Going for pediatricians and specialists, I was told that large tonsils, large not to be construed as enlarged tonsils, but its great. In fact, looking carefully in the mouth, we noticed that his throat is almost completely full of tonsil! I must say that is a little 'impression

:-) In any case, if they interfere with swallowing or another, fortunately can be removed with a small operation. Why

I'm saying this? because as always, as I browse online I come across interesting news that I wish to speak to whoever reads me. On the site

mammaepapa.it you can read their "pills of Pediatrics" to which they are registered through newsletters.
Today I received a note on their news adenoids that are often associated also with the tonsils.
generally thought that the bad breath is mainly due to adenoids, and their malfunction.
The news they give is that it is not always due to this. Often, bad breath and then breathe through the nose, is a case linked to prolonged use of pacifiers or bottles, other motivation could be the malpositioning of the tongue during swallowing.

In this regard, since I have a sister speech pathologist, this disease is called atypical swallowing and easy care with exercises appropriate data from the speech therapists.

Well, I've come to the conclusions (which must then be confirmed by a pediatrician) that Victor might breathe primarily with your mouth, not so much because the adenoids but ..... ummm Ehmmm pacifier held up to two years and 10 months ?!?!?! Ok, I know that was removed before ... but because it was convenient!
We called him the "cap", just because attappava the haunting cries of Victor
:-)
ps the photo is not that I put in the mouth of Victor, which has only one of two large tonsils

If you want to read other posts for the care of your child, click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment